Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using thermopile sensor with uC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mlx90247 source code

Has any one use thermopile sensor for non contact temperature measure
with a micro controller

I'm looking for a source code for anlyzing the data from the thermopile sensor.

best

bobi

mlx90247 read adc

Real problem is in hardware. You have to amplify signal from thermocouple, have to compensate cold junction, have to do A/D conversion and so on.

When you solve those problems SW I think isn't big problem.

Regards.

Mr.Cube

hi firnd bobcat1

i am working on this so wait for one day tomorow i will tell you about the chip which used for applification of the thermopile with some application note hope this will help you i am also working on it to design a non contact thermo meter if you get any luck with this please also inform me, if i get first i will told you

Hi friend I JUST FINISHED MY FIRTS IR THERMOMETER ..

I' now tring to get the OPTICS right

The true of the matter is that every thing is avalilble at the MELEXIS web site ..
They have the MLX90313 chip and the MLX90247 thermopiles
But i' using a NEW TYPE of ARRAY from PARKIN ELMER .. they are way much better!
I have the code .. If you need it PM me!

HI FRIEND

here is some stuff from me hope this will help you i am using chip from holtek semiconductors HT7630 read the attach documents carefully i have just completed this with same chip which i siad above used as pre amp but facing problem with filtering and optic
may be i get rid with in day with these problems

Hi

The chip HT7630 is discontinued and the new chip are HT7611 and HT7610, so update the information about preamp for PYRO and PIR sensor.

You can use an AD595 from analog, just place an ADC after it.
It's in the factory laser-trimmed and the output is nearly lineair, so you don't have to calculate too much.

I did it a few years ago, it works fine.

Regards,

Goof

ad594 only used for J type,
ad595 only used for K type

hey guys , actualy am workin for a distance temperature measurement for humain ,
its too hard usin 1 m dis without laser orientation ,
so i choose 30 mms for ma project ...and i get : ZTP-135 SR
, for Ge and am buildin its compensated circuit , in any why i will try to fix ; 50 mv/ deg c ...its hard for its calibration ....
please if there is any one understand good whot is the relation beween the thermistor and the thermopile and exactly ; why they do " defferentiel amplifier "
i mean for whot reason ! , i read many PDFs and i see that it used to get a clear humain radiation , but idono why they do (Uth - Uthmistor).. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.