Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Synplify and Foundation tool for VHDL (help please...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekUT

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I've some spare parts of XC5202PQ100-6 and I like to do some experiment trough VHDL coding, but I don't have the Foundation 2.1i Express just only the base edition then without the HDL module.
I've Synplify 9.2 and I've that with this tool I can code VHDL and make the mapping step but I can't step to the P&R because this device isn't supported and also the ISE Webpack don't support this rather old device.
Now I'm asking to some expert if there is some way to put together the Synplify mapping results with the Foundation 2.1 Base tool, e.g. making a component library coded in VHDL by using Synplify and use it as a black box into the Foundation 2.1 Base edition Schematic Editor tool.
If someone have some idea how I can do it I'm gratefully, I've ready to use many pieces of XC5202 and I like to program it with simple VHDL test circuit to gain the VHDL knowledge and testing it on a real device (for simulation I can use Modelsim).
Thanks in advance for every advice about the subject.

Regards
Pow

Re: Using Synplify and Foundation tool for VHDL (help please

Someone can give a look at my question?

Thanks
Pow

If it's for some experiment imo it's useless to work on a so old device.
If it's for experimenting VHDL is better use the new ISE and stop to simulation.

Else you could check if some other synthetizer support your device (for example use Aldec Active HDL, it has a 20 days of trial) and use them for the syntesys importing the netlist in your ISE.

It's the only solution it could work imo.

Re: Using Synplify and Foundation tool for VHDL (help please

@mmarco76

Thank for reply, about simulation I'm using Modelsim and yes I've see that ISE WebPack support VHDL coding and simulation for newer device (I've also did some compilation of VHDL code). My request was just only because I like to do some experiment with some devices from old design, just to make some experiment in VHDL, but also I'm going to think that the only solution will be buy a demoboard and use the free ISE Webpack.

Thanks again for your time

Bye
Pow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back