Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using SoftICE with Windows 2000?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

I have installed Softice in my PC (win 2000) and doesn't work at all ,when i press "ctrl + D" to see its pop up screen nothing appear and the keyboard stop functioning and many programs can't run and I have to restart the PC ......

any tips for such problem???

and their site doesn't work too !!!! "www.numega.com" and its ftp one also !!!

Also How to know the build of MY Windows 2000 is it 1946 OR 2000
2021 OR 2031 .... etc

thx all

bye

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\DESKTOP\PaintDesktopVersion=1

in the above method you can see it painted on desktop. The other simple method - type
winver
in command line.

I have been using SoftICE 4.05 on W2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4 with no big problems.
I Just use the "Start Softice" command and then Use Ctl-D to open the window. However, seems to be no way to get Softice out of the memory, other than rebooting.

I Have traced a couple of programs that refused to run without the key. Only problem that I had, was that I was unable to open Acrobat while softice is resident in memory.

May be there is an incompatibility with your video card. There is a setup to configure it.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back