Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Skill In Allegro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xl_cheese

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
skill load allegro

Can someone help me? I've been all over the Cadence websites for skill as well as google for the last few hours.

I'm just starting out and simply want to execute even a single sample skill command in allegro.

Anything I've tried so far has given me "Command not found".

I'm using allegro in win xp. This directory exists, but I can't execute any of it on the command line.
C:\Cadence\SPB_15.5.1\share\pcb\examples\skill

Thanks!

allegro skill school yahoo groups

Did you downloaded skill scripts from Sourcelink?
You need Cadence support id to log in.
There are few ways you can load skill files into Allegro.

Such as (load("xxxxxxx.il")) or read inside Skill utulity you are going to use and instruction is given there.

Or edit .ilinit file to add command to load skill files every time you
Invoke Allegro.

There are tons of info on Skill in Allegro in help and documents.
Depending on your license there is Development tool for Skill comes with Allegro.
Finally there is Yahoo group "Skill School" where you can also get useful info.

Regards,
M

spb_15.5.1 installation

Thanks for the info.

However, everytime I try to load a skill file I get command not found.

Code:
Command > (load("C:\Cadence\SPB_15.5.1\share\pcb\examples\skill\form\basic\axlform.il")
E- Command not found: skill load("C:\Cadence\SPB_15.5.1\share\pcb\examples\skill\form\basic\axlform.il"
Command >

Well I've burned another couple hours and still no go. It's frustrating. If I could just get a single helloworld type script to run I'd be a happy camper. Then I'd be able to get some real work done.

Well I've burned another couple hours and still no go. It's frustrating. If I could just get a single helloworld type script to run I'd be a happy camper. Then I'd be able to get some real work done.

in command window write skill press enter and then try using your skill commands.

Hi,

Hello world example:

axlCmdRegister("hh" 'HelloWorldProcedure)

procedure( HelloWorldProcedure()
println("Hello World")
)

save this code in a file named "example.il"

place the file in the path where you placed your board file

open your board file

type => skill load("example.il")

type => hh

it will return "Hello World".

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It is NOT advicable to save SKILL's in the boardfile directory, as if You do more extensive or linked SKILL's You would see a lack of path setups. Use the SKILL path found under user prefferences and path, as You this way easely can run all Your SKILL's fast instead of copying or reference to some old boardfile folder.
Use of path setup and the common.ilinit or Allegro.ilinit is a good thing to learn a lot :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back