Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Siemens PLCs in Labview

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdilip

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi evry buddy,
Can siemens PLC be used with Labview.Please give any link where i can get complete information reagarding Labview use with PLC....
My project is to read temperatur from a thermocouple and plot a graph of temperature versus time ..... Can Labview do this... can i connect a thermocouple to an analog card..if not please how to connect a thermo-couple to PLC...
I am dumb with PLC,electronics....so i will be very glad for any sort of help ...thank you

plc and labview

To measure and display temperature from a thermocouple you don't need a PLC and LabView but a analog card and just LabView ..
Go to National Instruments web site and check out their offer of analog cards; these cards come with LabView drivers and can be configured to work with several types of temeprature sensors including thermocouples ..

Regards,
IanP

connect labview to plc

Thanks at lot for the help

But in my project i am using PLC for sequencing some operations and i want to use PLC for the temperature sensing purpose-- thats why i want to know wheter LAbview can be used with PLC.... and how to connect a thermocouple to PLC....

plc labview

Everything deends on the type of the PLC that you have ..
To connect a thermocouple to a PLC you will need a thermocouple or analog I/O module, and to interface PLC with LabView you can use RS-485/RS-232 or any other bus that your PLC and your PC may have in common ..

Regards,
IanP

tdilip

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
rs232 plc con labview

thank you... means its possible to use Labview with PLC

can i connect siemens plc to labview

LabView is a very powerful piece of software ..
It has provisions made for communication with almost everything, using dedicated I/O cards, or build-in standard PC hardware (serial port, for example) ..

Check out if your PLC can exchange data via serial port (if it has one) or a BUS (RS-485 .. MODBUS .. anything) ..
If it can then the answer is YES ..

Regards,
IanP

how to connect plc to labview

thanks Ian

Can you more explan about connection pc to plc?

Status
Not open for further replies.