Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Using Remote ON/Off in Traco power DC/DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWahab

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

can anyone tell me how to use Remote on/off pin in traco power DC/DC converters? :bang:

Regards,
AW

Generally it is about switching off the output supply by making it high or low whichever is mentioned in the datasheet. What is the which you are asking for?

Reactions: AWahab

AWahab

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks hobbyckts.

I am using THN 15-1221 with 12V power. Its +-5V dual voltage regulator. I just want it to run it all the time. Can I connect it directly with 12V power supply?

The reason not to switch is because I will install the switching ckt for +5V and -5V independendently and this regulator gives me the possibilty of on/off both +-5V with the single input.

Hi,

reading the datasheet gives that information within 10 seconds (inclusive google search, download and opening PDF):

Code:
Remote On/Off 
– On: 3.0 ... 15 VDC or open circuit
– Off: 0 ... 1.2 VDC or short circuit pin 6 and pin 2
– Off idle current: 2.5 mA

What else do you need?

Klaus

AWahab

Connect the pin to ground if you don't want to use it.. It is mentioned in the datasheet itself..But anyway all the best

AWahab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back