Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using P+ diffusion poly resistor with substrate contact in Spectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit12345

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working in vertuso schimatic.i need poly resistance which is function of supply voltage.In which liberary it is avilable??.Do i need to add any model liberaries???.I am simulating in spectra.What is it called??like phyres,rcload.......Please any one help me regarding this.Thanks..

CADENCE

I am afraid I don't understand the question very well.
Do you need a voltage-dependent poly resistance? Or just want to model the voltage coefficients of poly resistance? For the former, I don't think there is such a poly resistor with controllable characteristics with supply voltage. For the latter, you may use subckt to model the resistor.

Re: CADENCE

i dont think that these real resistances come free with spectre..u have to get hold of some process like tsmc, stm, ibm etc to get these real passives

i think if you just want to simulation a resistor whose resistance is a function of supply voltage ,you need to add a model , but the model must edit by yourself .

ankit12345 said:
I am working in vertuso schimatic.i need poly resistance which is function of supply voltage.In which liberary it is avilable??.Do i need to add any model liberaries???.I am simulating in spectra.What is it called??like phyres,rcload.......Please any one help me regarding this.Thanks..

THANKS for the replies.
Please look at the image.What is this???In which liberary i can find.

the code is
xr1(node1 node2 vdd) ppolyf_u r_length=200u r_width=2u

CADENCE

The P+ diffusion resistor with NWELL connected to VDD should be accurate modeled with this kind of model. The model itself is a subckt with three terminals. You should get the model from foundry.

ankit12345

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

It is P+ diffusion poly resistor with substrate contact.
Check model files if u have such resistor option

regards

ankit12345

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
CADENCE

hi cadence,
I don't think you add any model in library. Just add one res to schematic and simulation, then you can remove the res and mark something to let layout engineer know there is a ploy res.

CADENCE

Thanks for the replyes...
iam wana use poly resistance.at 1v vdd i want it to be 60k.what it would be at 1.5v. in .6u tech.a rough value is enough.

I have used such resistor. model and library was provided by TSMC

Status
Not open for further replies.