Status
Not open for further replies.

purpleanger

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanna design the switch using the mosfet.
gate voltage is about 2.5V.

What kind of MOSFET can I use?

Thanks.

You may use a P-channel power MOSFET

In my opinion if purpleanger wrote "...gate voltage is about 2.5V..." (i.e. VGS being a positive voltage), then, strictly speaking, the MOSFET should be N-channel. And I am yet adding (because a switch is to be designed): it has to be an enhanced mode type (for it to be switched off "without" VGS applied, i.e. when VGS = 0V, or even when Vgs < 0V).
The concrete type to be used depends on the required switched current/applied voltage, etc. in the switching circuit, these requirements weren't specified by purpleanger.

What is voltage & current you want to "Switch". Based on that you can select a MoSFET from any semiconductor manufacture site. Few other things to note:

Keep a good margin on VDS voltage rating.
MOSFET current handling capacity significantly reduce with temperature, be default ratings are mentioned at 25C.
Lastly you want to consider package type.

Reactions: sgugan

sgugan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You should look to use a logic level MOSFET with a gate threshold voltage low enough. Power MOSFETs require around 8 to 10 volts to completely turn on.
What is your current requirement and the max voltage on the MOSFET drain? From that it will be easier to choose a MOSFET.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.