Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using ISR function for informing about receiving from USART

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ISR for receive in USART

Hi everyone,

I need some helps on this! I would like to know wat should I do in the ISR function if I want to be informed about receiving something from USART at anytime. Do I just check the RCIF flag? Wat bit do I need to initialize to get the ISR working properly? I'm using PIC16F877 anyway.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Eric

Re: ISR for receive in USART

C-Man said:
If you are using Hi-Tech PICC compiler you can get a lot of info here:
h**p://www.microchipc.com

best regards
Thanks for ur help! I got it working now by checking both RCIE and RCIF in the isr interrupt function. Btw, how did u know I'm using Hi-Tech PICC compiler?

Re: ISR for receive in USART

ericmar said:
C-Man said:
If you are using Hi-Tech PICC compiler you can get a lot of info here:
h**p://www.microchipc.com

best regards
Thanks for ur help! I got it working now by checking both RCIE and RCIF in the isr interrupt function. Btw, how did u know I'm using Hi-Tech PICC compiler?

I thought that you are using it (so do I) because you would not have asked if you were using CCS as this compiler has a built in function for nearly everything :)

But you can get a lot of problems if you try to reuse CCS code with another compiler on another architecture ...

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back