Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using internal RAM with Spartan 3E - VGA data

Status
Not open for further replies.

pezevall

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spartan 3e vga

Hi there. I've been working with my Xilinx Spartan-3E starter kit for a few months now and have learned the foundations. Currently I'm trying to figure out memory so I can store simple data for VGA [8 colors for an 640x480 display].

This board has DDR SDram and I believe it's also fairly common to use block memory within the FPGA.

Can anybody pinpoint me to the right direction here?

Many thanks in advance
Pedro

how to ram internal spartan 3e

Hi,
u can start experimenting with BlockRAM using Core Generator and start custimizing the parameters, its simple, moreover if u want detailed information, plz check xilinx application note 'xapp463' from xilinx.

thanks
sawaak

opb vga

**broken link removed**

spartan-3e internal ram

because there are only 8 colors, your can store them into registers directly.

best regards

pezevall said:
Hi there. I've been working with my Xilinx Spartan-3E starter kit for a few months now and have learned the foundations. Currently I'm trying to figure out memory so I can store simple data for VGA [8 colors for an 640x480 display].

This board has DDR SDram and I believe it's also fairly common to use block memory within the FPGA.

Can anybody pinpoint me to the right direction here?

Many thanks in advance
Pedro

spartan-3e vga application

anyone upload the OPB VGA controller Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back