Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using I2C protocol in 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosaNostra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In case i just need to use one device only do i still have to load the I2c drivers

and can i use more than one device and interface them on separate pins without loading the drivers hope my questions are clear

i2c in 8051

Hi CosaNostra,
Your questions are not quite clear. Are you saying that you are not going to use the I2C engine but intend to interface the I2C slave device using GPIOs?

i2c with 8051

hi
if you familiar with I2C protocol ,each deviece have a address in I2C BUS. these address may be setted by connecting pin to H or L .
In this protocol ,master deviece make a start signal and send add .Slave deviece that matched with this address send and acknowledge .
finaly master send a Command and wait for another acknowledge.
In end a stop signal send by master for end of comunication.

i2c protocol 8051

smxx said:
hi
if you familiar with I2C protocol ,each deviece have a address in I2C BUS. these address may be setted by connecting pin to H or L .
In this protocol ,master deviece make a start signal and send add .Slave deviece that matched with this address send and acknowledge .

yup exactly i want to use the device but i want to know if it is necessary to use I2c protocol even if it i one device

8051 as i2c slave

yup exactly i want to use the device but i want to know if it is necessary to use I2c protocol even if it i one device

Yes, you have to follow the signal condition or you will get nothing at all.
The slave device responses only when its designated address is matched.

8051 i2c

CosaNostra said:
smxx said:
hi

yes you can, if your boss allows the cost.

i2c +slave +8051

sci-3d said:
An example:

h**p://mcu-programming.blogspot.com/2006/09/ic-bus-interfacing.html

This link does not work at all

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.