Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Hspice Tech Files in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

easytarget

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is it possible to use an Hspice technology file in Cadence, so I can work in a graphical environment, rather than Hspice? I know about converting hspice tech files to Spectre, but I don't know where to go from there. Thanks for your help.

Firstly, Cadence is the GUI in the form of dfII(Design Framework II). SPICE and Spectre are simulators. Of course, you can have the Cadence interface and work in HSPICE. Synopsys and Cadence have developed plug-ins. Mostly people in the industry, use Cadence with HSPICE as simulator.

Another way is to use HSPICE models and convert them in Spectre. Use the following command.
spp -convert -hspcompatible <hspice file> <spectre file>.

You can convert all your HSPICE models to Spectre models. Also you can use the .sp files to run in spectre. Spectre has compatibility with SPICE files as well.

I hope it helps................

Another question

Thanks for your help. I have another question please:
If I choose: Use Hspice Netlist Reader(spp), in the analog environment, do I still need to convert my hspice tech file to Spectre? Thanks.

Definately you can use that option. Then you do not have to manually convert any file. But there could be some problems with the SPP parser. You would have to make very minor changes. That is the reason why I would suggest running Spectre from console.

easytarget

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Vamsi Mocherla said:
Another way is to use HSPICE models and convert them in Spectre. Use the following command.
spp -convert -hspcompatible <hspice file> <spectre file>.

Thanks Vamsi Mocherla.

how about convert spectre models to hspice models?

I just tried it your way and it worked, I typed:

spp -convert -hspcompatible < hspice_file > spectre_file.m

So I'll stick with this new spectre file it's safer. Thanks a lot for your help Vamsi Mocherla!!

Well, I do not know a way to convert Spectre models to SPICE models. But if you have some time, you can manually edit them because if you are using LEVEL 49, you can just see that there is only a change in the first couple of lines for each model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back