Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using GR47 TCP/IP stack

Status
Not open for further replies.

enas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear my friends,
have u ever tried GR47 sony ericson gsm/gprs module with built in TCP/IP stack?
i have tried to connect to internet using that module. i give AT command to the module using hyperterminal in windows. i use AT command example in its appnote, but it can't connect internet. The module response 'CONNECT' after AT Command is given, but after that, the module response nothing
can anyone help me?
this is AT COmmand list i give from hyperterminal:

AT+CGDCONT = 1,”IP”,”general.t-mobile.uk”
OK

AT*ENAD=1,”GPRS 1”,”gprs”,”im3”,1,0
OK

AT*E2IPA=1,1
OK

AT*E2IPI=0
*E2IPI: 10.123.12.234
OK

AT*E2IPRH = “http://www.google.co.uk
*E2IPRH: 129.59.217.99
OK

AT*E2IPO = 1,”129.59.217.99”,80
CONNECT

after the module response 'CONNECT' there is no more response from the module. i don't know what happen
can anyone help me solve my problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

what you got in the end is ok. after you made the connection, the modem is a tunel and any thing you will write in the keyboard will get transferd.
use the attached program to run on your computer and them connect via UDP or TCP/IP from the modem to your internet connected computer ( must have a real IP on the PC ).

Good luck.

can u tell me what the purpose of hercules program? is i the same w/ hyperterminal? can it create PPP packet or UDP packet?

thanks

Hi,
there is a big diffrence because Hyperterminal cant be a TCP or UDP Server. One side has to be a server and the other is the client. The instructions that you have used are the client so you have to have a server on the other side!
Dont forget to set your firewall to be opend to the port that you will try to use, if not you will not see anything.

Press "Helped me" if you i did help. No points will be taken from you.

Good Lcuk.

sorry, can u tell me how to use hercules to control my GR47? did u have experience in using GR47?

i don't mind to press that button if u really help me solve my problem.

thanks

dear friends,
have anyone here ever tried GR 47 GSM?GPRS module to connect to the internet? especially by using its TCP IP stack?
can anyone here give me tips or example using GR47's TCP iP stack?
I really need ur helps,
because i'm stuck on my GR47 project.
thank u
best regards, enas d

Qh mygod

Added after 40 seconds:

I can't use it

i crying

^^

"
AT*E2IPO = 1,”129.59.217.99”,80
CONNECT

after the module response 'CONNECT' there is no more response from the module. i don't know what happen
can anyone help me solve my problem?
"

In such a case, you have successfully connected to the server, and you are doing the data communication. Please note that everything send to the GR47 will then send to the modem, however, it will send if the buffer is full, and/or it the timeout occur for wait more data.

Therefore, if you are using something highterminal, you will find that there is nothing happened, when you type something. But if your communication is correct, you can receive the response from the peer side.

From your example, I found that you are using Port 80, which is http protcol. I am wondering if you have studied the protocol, after the connection, you should send the GET command to get the so-call 'index.html' file (please study the protocol for the correct syntax).

If you are just testing, I suggest you use SMTP (port 25), or POP3 (port 110), or TELNET (port 25), which the server will automatically send you the welcome message, which could make you feel more comfortable if the kit is working fine.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back