Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using formula for calculating the pilot insertion in DVB-T COFDM signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomaxe

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
In ETSI EN 300 744 V1.6.1 (2009-01) "Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB);Framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television" it is written:

For the symbol of index l (ranging from 0 to 67), carriers for which index k belongs to the subset
{k = Kmin + 3 × (l mod 4) + 12p ⎜ p integer, p ≥ 0, k ∈ [Kmin; Kmax] } are scattered pilots. Where p is an integer that takes all possible values greater than or equal to zero, provided that the resulting value for k does not exceed the valid range [Kmin; Kmax].
The pilot insertion pattern is shown in figure 11.

495ea6cabaf8.bmp

I have some difficalties with undetstanding the formula k = Kmin + 3 × (l mod 4) + 12p
Can somebody suggest me, how, for example, using the formula I can get the meanings of k=0,9,....(as shown in the Figure) for the case when time index of the COFDM symbol l=0.

Al salam alikom

pls check out this part of thesis, it concerns DVB-H standards but it actually has the same way of thinking concerning OFDM and pilot insertion

I hope it is useful for u

Attachments

• DVB-H_MSc_Thesis_Ch_3.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Reactions: lomaxe

lomaxe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you very much. There is not the guideline (in this thesis) how to use this formula, but there is some more information than in In ETSI EN 300 744 V1.6.1 (2009-01)

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

It looks like the document ETSI EN 300 744 V1.6.1 (2009-01) "Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB);Framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television", uploaded at DVB - Digital Video Broadcasting - Home, has mistake at the figure i have given above :( I'm shocked....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back