Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using DCM with Spartan 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent_009

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know that what is the exact method of getting a clock using DCM(Digital Clock Manager) for Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA. Currently i am using ISE 6.0

Thanx in advance

You can use IPcore generator from ISE to create an instance from the DCM with the required parameters.

agent_009

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Please define more clearly "getting a clock". There are different ways of using a DCM depending on what you need to do. Many designs don't need any DCMs.

You can use coregen to build a DCM core as yasser_shoukry suggested, or you can instantiate the DCM primitive directly into your HDL (see the DCM section of your ISE Libraries Guide).

agent_009

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have used the core for "Single DCM" and added it into my project. But when i configure it on the Spartan 3, it uses it's default clock rather than the DCM component i have added.
How can i make it use the DCM generated clock instead of it's default clock?

You need to instantiate the DCM core in your HDL, and then connect the core's inputs and outputs to wherever you need them to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back