Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using compim in protues for connecting nokia gsm to send sms using pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

addisualemayehu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using proteus 8, and microC programming software and in schematic diagram I am using pic16f877a micro controller. I am using nokia express as gsm and it works perfectly using hyper terminal but when I connect the mobile with commpim in protues it do not please help mw I will write the cod and deagram below
mikroc%20pro.jpg Capture.JPG

To use COMPIM you should have one of COM1 - COM4 ports that is hardware COM port in your PC. If you do not have then you can't simulate. If you have one and if your Nokia COM Port is say COM11 then you have to use Eterlogic Virtusl Serial Port Emulator Software and create a Mapper type device which maps say your hardware COM1 port to COM11 port. Now in COMPIM set COM port to COM1 and also set proper baudrate. Now simulate and Proteus will communicate with Nokia GSM.

you can't connect your simulator with your hardware.

How can I create a Mapper type device which maps say your hardware COM1 port to COM11 port. I downloaded the emulator tell me step by step

Choose Device > Create... Mapper > hardware COM port to Virtual COM port used by Nokia. You have to also install Nokia Suite and in the phone while you plug the usb cable it gives options like

usb charger
mass storage device
com port

you have to select com port in phone.

How can I create a Mapper type device which maps say your hardware COM1 port to COM11 port. I downloaded the emulator tell me step by step
it is good if you go with the mapping software but I think its simply done by changing the your nokia COM port between COM1 to COM4 using device manager and port advance settings.

Thank you for helping me now I can send sms from my proteus to phone but I can't receive any sms which is send by phone when I enter AT command in HyperTerminal it doesn't show any thing. for example when I write AT+CPMS? it shows me cpms: ...... it do not show me any any active memory please tell me how to activate memory or another solution

First, I go to start menu. Then I just searched phone and modem >>modem. After that I see the COM port from the phone and modem that my Nokia mobile is connected to my pc. Then I insert the COM number in to COMPIM of proteus. Don't see the port number that display on your device manager.when I simulate it send sms for any phone. but don't forget to use Nokia pc suite. but I can't receive the sms. when I entered AT+CPMS? command to see if their is active memory to my HyperTerminal it sends the reply like +CPMS:,,,,,. I cant se any active memory. so please help me.
Capture12345.JPG

To read SMS from Proteus you have to send AT+CMGR=x where x is the message index.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back