Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Bluetooth to locate employees

Status
Not open for further replies.

gannu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
respected memebrs,
I am a student.I look forward for a project for my final year project which is purely based upon communication between two points at a time.. what am i trying to tel is as a cel phone is spotted in cirtain area through GPS by the installed tower in that area.. why cant the same thing used inside the(any) organisation to location any employee.. through bluetooth.. (now a days cell phone having bluetooth become cheaper)...so that any his/her boss in org.. can easily spot where the employee.. is in big area of his org..
hence it can also used as an instead of a smart cards for an employee while he/she enters the org....this will act as his/her identity..
so will this work...?

Re: final year project..

In your case bluetooth cannoit be used for few reasons
1. the distance is limited and
2. maximum of 7 devices can be communicated and it has to be paired and can communicate with only 1 device at a time.

i agree with ckshivaram... if u implement bluetooth it can only communicate within 5 to 10 meters max..... 15...
so drop the idea of bluetooth instead you can use rf module....

i think to start a project which will include the RFID kind of stuff .. it'll need to refer a more no. of books which includes RADIO WAVES AND COMMUNICATION like stuff......
if so.. plz suggest me which one is better to prefer from basic..! :(

Last edited:

hi... am planning to design a RF Transmitter... that'll be able to transmit voice signals atleast for 1km range of distance....
so this make helpfull for the on coming fest events at our college... to guild the people come from diff...institution or knowing when the particular events are going to be conducted....hence i have managed to get a design which i have attached with this..
45_1302543395.png

plz tell me if its better o else plz suggest....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back