Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using AT commands to send message with more than 160 chars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherazi

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using AT commands to send text message from sim900. How to send a long message i.e. message more than 16o chars ? when i send a sms wuth less than 160 or 160 chars it send s it other wise it gives me
Code:
+cme error : invalid input value

I am using AT commands to send text message from sim900. How to send a long message i.e. message more than 16o chars ? when i send a sms wuth less than 160 or 160 chars it send s it other wise it gives me
Code:
+cme error : invalid input value

You cannot send SMS with more than 160 characters using AT commands.
Actually when we send any SMS with more than 160 characters, they are divided into sets of 160 characters and sent.
You can refer the below given link. I suppose it it will help you understand the concept.
160 character limit

i know that , but if you send a 170 char sms using a single at+cmgs command ,the modem send it in two different sms but at the recieving part can view it as one message , although its actually two but they are linked although it will charge as two sms.

in sim300 series if i send a longer message it will automatically send it as 2,3,4 or as required. but in sim900 i cant , so i need to ask how can i link two seperate sms so that on the recieveing party mobile , they can view it in sigle file...

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

If a message is larger than 140 8-bit bytes, then there are segmentation and reassembly standards defined, where a single logical message can be sent over the air using multiple physical SMS messages. The receiving client then has the ability to reassemble the segmented message so that it again appears as a single message on the receiving device.
this is what i want ??? how can i do this using sim900 atcomands

How to send linked SMS so that it appears as a single sms in inbox of the recepient. ???

I have this problem, if someone has solved help us...Thenks;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.