Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using AT-41435 model in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alizadeharand

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to use AT-41435 for my design
I have attached the datasheet.
i don't have any model for this transistor.

How can i use s-parameters of this transistor in ADS?

can anybody help me?

Attachments

• AT-41435.pdf
    48.6 KB · Views: 119

Insert an S2P component into your schematic. I forget which tool palette it's under, but you can simply enter "S2P" in the second entry field in the toolbar and hit Enter. Double-click on the newly created part and browse to the .s2p file for the device you want it to represent.

To verify that the S2P block is working like your transistor, go to the S-Parameter toolbox, add a Term component to each port of the S2P block, with the "-" port grounded. Make sure the Term labeled Port 1 is attached to S2P's pin 1, and the Term with Port 2 is connected to the S2P's pin 2. Add an S_P controller to sweep the frequency (0.1-6 GHz, per the spec sheet... also open the .s2p file in a text editor and see what voltage/current and frequency range it has values for, don't go beyond them in your sims). Simulate the model and look at S21 (gain), S11 (input return loss), S22 (output return loss), and S12 (isolation). These values should compare with the values in the datasheet.

S-Parameters (Scattering Parameters) are simply values for each frequency that describe the voltage/phase of an outward bound sinewave at one port, when a signal is injected at another port. Case in point, S21: this is the voltage/phase out of port 2, when excited by a 1V, 0-degree sinewave incident at port 1... thus S(2,1). You can also take dB(S(2,1)) and get the response in decibels (dB's).

S-parameters are good for models of circuits, but do not take into account effects like gain compression or saturation. For that, you'd need a non-linear (SPICE) model. However, most circuit development can be done using a linear method (S-params).

More here:
**broken link removed**
Scattering parameters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
see also Google for more write-ups on what S-parameters are.

Thanks for your information.
It was helpful.

So how can i use a non-linear model in ADS?

Thanks for your information.
It was helpful.

So how can i use a non-linear model in ADS?

Some device models are built-in, check the Component Library and search for the part number. Otherwise, if you can obtain the SPICE model (text file) from the manufacturer, you can can use File, Import, select the text file and choose the appropriate language (HSPICE, PSPICE, etc). ADS will import the model as a subciruit, which you can save and pull in from the Library. Some of these topics are covered in the ADS help pages, if you dig around a little bit.

Also, you can also watch some of their tutorial videos here.
**broken link removed**

ADS Demo documentation

ADS Documents/Library/Specs/Tutorials/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back