Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Allegro 15.7's footprint for Allegro 15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

damian_s

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
samtec allegro 15.2 footprint

Hi all,

I want to use Allegro 15.7's component footprint for Allegro 15.2. Is it possible? If so, how can I do it?

regards,
damian_s

allegro database saved under a newer release

There shouldn't be any issues with using V15.7 footprints in a V15.2 design. All you need to do is make sure your paths are set to where you keep your footprints.

regards

Scott

allegro dra compatibility

All u need to do is open the footprints in 15.2 version and save it. Then u can use the footprints.

allegro save footprint from design

Thank you for your reply.

But the fact is that I've downloaded some footprints from Samtec and it is said that it is an Allegro 15.7 footprint. I try to open it using Allegro 15.2 but failed. The error message is "Unable to open design because database was saved under a newer release and contains features not compatible with this version of sotfware... "

Until now I still cannot open it.

best regards,
damian_s

allegro unable to open design

If you open up the symbols (.dra file) in a text editor in the 6th or 7th line you should see something like this allv15-710/13 that should tell you if the part was created in V15.7. If not then the part probably wasn't made in V15.7. I have seen the error text before that you show and that comes from trying to open a version 16 allegro in V15.7.

Hope this helps

Scott

Yes, Scott.. I found this in the text "allv15-77/10/." . Well, do you have any idea, what can I do with this footprint so I can use it in V15.2?

Thanks.
damian_s

Hi Damian, Was looking into this a bit more and yes a V15.7 design will not work in V15.2. You need to get someone with V15.7 and to export the board down to V15.2 or V15.0. The process is in File/export/save design to V15.2. Sorry for misleading earlier.

regards

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back