Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using Agilent ADS......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Shine

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a way out in Agilent ADS where i can plot ft(unity current gain freq) or fmax(unity power gain freq) against variables like Gate voltage, Gate width etc.....

This will help to find FT versus Bias ( I have used BJT in my case but you can change )
For fmax, the approximated fmax equation would help you but it's just an approximation and sometimes it may be very different than reality.

Attachments

• out.pdf
    36 KB · Views: 137

thnks for pointing out to cross().........but, if i want to plot fT against wf(width of gate of MOS), i should get 'wf' on the x axis.......but by default, the parameter being swept in the ac simulation controller comes on the x axis....is there a way to get the variable in the 'parameter sweep' to be on the x axis ?......for eg in your case which u showed me in the attached pdf above could we plot, FT against Ibias?............in other words, i want to sweep freq from 1 to 60GHz, i have a single value of parameter sweep variable 'wg' and i compute a single value of fT using the cross() for each entire frequency sweep of 1 to 60GHz......i want a plot of fT against 'wg'...............

thnks for pointing out to cross().........but, if i want to plot fT against wf(width of gate of MOS), i should get 'wf' on the x axis.......but by default, the parameter being swept in the ac simulation controller comes on the x axis....is there a way to get the variable in the 'parameter sweep' to be on the x axis ?......for eg in your case which u showed me in the attached pdf above could we plot, FT against Ibias?............in other words, i want to sweep freq from 1 to 60GHz, i have a single value of parameter sweep variable 'wg' and i compute a single value of fT using the cross() for each entire frequency sweep of 1 to 60GHz......i want a plot of fT against 'wg'...............
Sure..
If you fix the other variables such as Vds,Vgs, etc. You may assign "Wg" being as variable ( like Ibias ) and you change this and you will obtain FT versus Wg.But in your case, Wg should able to be assigned as a variable ( some models don't allow that..)

i'm able to make 'wg' a variable, thts not an issue....but the problem is i'm unable to bring 'wg' on the x axis,since the sweep variable in the simulation controller comes on the x axis by default......if I make 'wg' the sweep variable in the AC simulation controller, how do i sweep the frequencies?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back