Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Using 2 433mhz crystal for communication in same room

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrow

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can i use a 433mhz Rf module with ht12e ic with some address set in it along with another such set (433 mhz ) in the same area by setting a different address in HT12E.

will their be clash of signals ?

Using 433 MHz modules to transmit independent pair of codes like in car-key application is possible within a small area.
In a room, such transmission may not work if the pairs of modules operate in the same RF channel. Due to interference transmission will be interrupted.
You can arrange that data in one channel are transmitted one block after another , then two pairs of systems can work in a room. This is called a time multiplexing.
If you can find the transmitter-receiver pairs using different channels in the 433 MHz band, it may work, too. In a small room I would, however, the time multiplexing much better.

Using 433 MHz modules to transmit independent pair of codes like in car-key application is possible within a small area.
In a room, such transmission may not work if the pairs of modules operate in the same RF channel. Due to interference transmission will be interrupted.
You can arrange that data in one channel are transmitted one block after another , then two pairs of systems can work in a room. This is called a time multiplexing.
If you can find the transmitter-receiver pairs using different channels in the 433 MHz band, it may work, too. In a small room I would, however, the time multiplexing much better.

Iam pretty new to this terms
How can i figure out the channel it is working in?. My modules are not really identical. They are of different brands and the sticker says 433 mhz.
So can i assume they will be operating in different channels?

Iam pretty new to this terms
How can i figure out the channel it is working in?. My modules are not really identical. They are of different brands and the sticker says 433 mhz.
So can i assume they will be operating in different channels?

As you have no knowledge about module specifications, you should run an experiment.
To find out a module pair works, how can you tell it does or does not? Can you use an oscilloscope or a spectrum analyzer? A logic analyzer?
If not, you must find a person who can. Following only a sticker may not help.

As you have no knowledge about module specifications, you should run an experiment.
To find out a module pair works, how can you tell it does or does not? Can you use an oscilloscope or a spectrum analyzer? A logic analyzer?
If not, you must find a person who can. Following only a sticker may not help.

OK thanks, i will try to get somebody who has an oscilloscope.

Or maybe i can use a 315mhz crystal and avoid all problems

Status
Not open for further replies.