Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using 1.8 V supply in CMOS 0.13 um process

Status
Not open for further replies.

selvaraja

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Frens,

IBM recemendate supply 1.2/1.5 volt for CMOS 0.13 um process. Is it ok to use 1.8 volt as a supply..there will be any relialibity cause if use 1.8 volt or higher supplies.plz advise .Thank you in advance.

CMOS 0.13 um process

Why do you want to use a 1.8V supply. Is it for higher common mode ranges? In that case, every LV CMOS process will have a higher operating voltage transistors for IOs and for analog while the core is still operating at 1.5V. You can use those transistors.

Re: CMOS 0.13 um process

yap i am plan to use 1.8 volt supply for higher common mode ranges.i am wooried any reliability issue .. max. supply allowed is 1.6 volt for LV CMOS 00.13 um

CMOS 0.13 um process

i think that 1.8V is to much for this techonoly, as you can see in the specs.

Re: CMOS 0.13 um process

selvaraja said:
Hi Frens,

IBM recemendate supply 1.2/1.5 volt for CMOS 0.13 um process. Is it ok to use 1.8 volt as a supply..there will be any relialibity cause if use 1.8 volt or higher supplies.plz advise .Thank you in advance.

U should take care about the transistors used to support this supply voltage. Most technologies have two transistors, one to operate at the low supply and the other to operate at the higher supply. But they are different in characteristics and the one which operate on the higher supply may contain an extra optional layer in the layout.

The models which are written for any transistor are modeled at certain conditions, so it is a risk to use other conditions which is not in the model.

selvaraja

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
CMOS 0.13 um process

My best guess is that you r going to design sth like stacked CML ckts. As previous post, IBM usually also provides 2.5V/3.3V transistor in its .18um process. I assume that you can find the like in .13um.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back