Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Users opinions on Magma tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar_eee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Magma - Suggestions

Hi all,
I am doing my PG - Diploma in VLSI Design... Here I am having the Magma tool... Is it very important?...

Suggestions plz...

Magma - Suggestions

dude.. magma is a very good tool which works right from RTL to GDSII.. jes study the magma design flow.. its a full timing tool which attains timing closure..am not all that sure abt the closeness of timing closure.. but jes google it for the dsesign flow..

btw which univ are u from..

with regards,
arun

Re: Magma - Suggestions

Its very good if you are knowledgeble in Magma flow.Lot of companies use Magma in

their design flow.

perticularly for backend its really a good tool.

Magama is a very good toolto do your place and route......especially if your design is small then magma can speed up lot of things with little effort and finally u need only signoff runs of calibre and primetime to attain closure... it is easy to master with much of self explainatory commands...even hunch works well with it....
gud luck

Magma - Suggestions

magma u can learn tools and commands within 2 days.
new user to physical design can understand full flow thoroughly in short span.
my best idea if u wanna sign-off ur design short time then u can proceeed magma.

No sure whether you guys do have the tapeout experience with magma or not when you say something like that. Indeed Magma is a good tool, but in order to professionally handle it, it will long time.

Magma - Suggestions

cdic to be frank with you.. ive not worked in magma.. but our univ guys have worked with magma and they have designed a GSM chip which they managed to tapeout in some foundry in taiwan..BUT the question of professionalism does linger in everyones mind..

anyways share your experience

with regards,
arun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back