Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

User Defined Scan Reorder in placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

asinghct

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
I want to scan-chain reordering after placement (or in placedesign) in a manner given below
Suppose I have two scan-chains 1 and 2
Chain 1 (3 flops) - a, b, c
chain2 (3 flops) - d e f

What I need is to re-stitch chains in a given order (defined by user ) for example in this case chain 1is now a, b,d and chain 2 consists of
c e f.

Due to some issues I want to restitch chains in a definite order, a typical scan-order does is only placement aware and reduces wire length,
However, in my case wire length is not an issue and I want a user defined scan-chain stitching after placement.

Pls note that grouping the scan-cell so that they are kept together while re-ordering will not work here as, scan-chain that we are getting from front-end
dft flow (in scan def) is different from the user defined chains that we want post placement.

I am using cadence soc encounter and have acess to mentor tools also
Thanks
Kumar

I don't know if backend tools can do that, but if I were you, I'd write a perl (or wahtever language) script to modify the scan chains in netlist or def file and reroute the new nets on the backend tool.

Most scan stitching software will accept a list of flip-flops and stitch the chains in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back