Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use real number in vhdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronical

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all.how can I define 2 bit of signal that the type of it is std_logic_vector (12 downto 0) as decimal?

We would prefer a slightly clearer question. What is the relation of decimal <> real number <> 2 bit <> std_logic_vector ???

What is the relation of decimal <> real number <> 2 bit <> std_logic_vector ???

They occur within the same sentence. XD And that's about all the logic cohesion I can detect there, so an alternative version of that question would be helpful yes. :)

how I define 8 exponent bits and 3fraction bits?

I want multiply 0.5 with std_logic_vector(or integer) the result is saved and use in another program.i know that real number dont syn.in my search in google I found that std_logic_vector can define fraction bit.but I dont konw how can do it and use it?

well, you have 3 fractional bits and 8 integer bits (there are no exponential bits in fixed point).

0.5 = 2^-1, so its the most significant fractional bit.
so in an 11 bit std_logic_vector (why are you using std_logic_vectors to represent numbers??????? ) it would be:

"00000000100"

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.