Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use of SPI for long distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manoj Mulajkar

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spi distance

Hi,
In one of my application, I need to have ADC at source and Processor will be at some long distance. Communication can be on SPI as most of ADC support. As distance is long, memory mapped ADC will not be useful.
My worry : can SPI (which is synchronous and single ended protocol) support long distance communication.

Other way can be optoconveter for SPI at either ends so that it can support long distance, but I am not getting solution for optoconverter for SPI.

One more way to convert SPI to differential and then differential to single ended SPI, which may be easy way I think.

Can anybody suggest me which is better way for SPI in long distance application (Differential or optoconverter). Any links on such application. Also suggest SPI to optoconverter and viceversa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back