Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use of hummingbird and exceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravind

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nomachine nx exceed

hi friends
i wanna setup server and client to run eda tools.
my friend told me use hummingbird. i dont know about it. if any knows about that pls share with me.
i need is run the tools from client. without installing the tools in client.
thanks
aravind

hummingbird exceed nx

aravind said:
hi friends
i wanna setup server and client to run eda tools.
my friend told me use hummingbird. i dont know about it. if any knows about that pls share with me.
i need is run the tools from client. without installing the tools in client.
thanks
aravind
you must install exceed inclient first

do u have any document for exceed server and client setup.
how i can run exceed from remote client
regards
aravind

exceed is a x-terminal for windows systems, using exceed, you can connect to any UNIX/Linux system and run natively any UNIX application.
here is the documentation of the exceed:

If you have cygwin in your windows. you can use it to connect to the unix server and do everything you can.

regards,

We can use exceed to land in text mode, but not graphic mode.

hi there,

why must use exceed, it is 180MB, a huge program. you can use xmanager instead, it is only 10MB!!! and fully functional. i have been using it to connect to sun server using all the eda tools for quite a long time. just try to download it somewhere and using google search "crack", ....you will get license key for it. i am not asking you to do illegal things, just try to help you. haha.

neo

thanks neo79
i wanna know how to configure it and whether it is possible to connect sun machine
if u have help files please share
thanks

hi aravind,

i dont have any special help files for it. but if you get the installation file, there should be a help file , or readme. there is no special things to connect to server. you just need the ip address of the server, and try some settings, then just connect. i remember i connected to server without doing anything speical.

neo

i setup 192.168.1.1 for my linuxserver and for windows client i92.168.1.7
i can ping the server from windows.
when i cant connect server throw telnet .
what i do in my linux sever. i install all server packages and start telnet server servicein linux.
but i cant connect my linus server throu xmanager
please help aanyone .
give step by step setup
thanks

Cygwin is good.. and it's free.

Cygwin emulates the windows' PC to like as an UNIX platform, so of course, it can connect to any UNIX/Linux platforms.

I dont recommend to use exceed as - it is overloaded and big and much slower than available tiny clients .

Try nomachine NX server on Linux and NX client on Windows. It works like charm. Much faster then Exceed and free.

Status
Not open for further replies.