Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use of Floquet Ports for infinite arrays in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan_

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
floquet modes in hfss

Hi,
I need help for setting floquet ports for the simulation of the unit cell of an infinite array in HFSS.
The unit cell is made up of two orthogonal CPW fed folded slot antennas, each terminated with a lumped port with an opportunely chosen impedance. An opportunely polarised plane wave is incident to the surface and excites a magnetic current loop on the receiving antenna. The current is amplified by an HEMT amplifier, whose gate is connected to the receiving antenna feeding line, while its drain terminal is connected to the orthogonal re-radiating folded slot antenna, which radiates the orthogonal amplified version of the input signal.
I need to obtain two three-port matrices, the first one for the receiving behaviour (1 free space input port, 1 lumped port for the receiving antenna, 1 free space output port at the opposite face of the airbox respect to the first free space port) and the second one for the re-transmitting behaviour(with two ports representing free space and a lumped port feeding the re-transmitting antenna). Each matrix is dynamically linked to an equivalent circuit in Ansoft Designer, where I have the connection of the two HFSS blocks with the common source amplifier.
The unit cell must be contained into an airbox with Master-Slave conditions representing the periodicity of the infinite array. Since I can't use wave ports with Master-Slave boundaries, I need to use Floquet ports. The problem is I've never used Floquet ports so far and I don't know the correct setup in order to reproduce the situation descrived above. For example, number of modes, indeces of modes, scan angles, etc. I tried to set up floquet ports with TE00 and TM00 modes but this affects too much the input impedance of the two antennas, while it should remain the same as without floquet ports. I'd be very grateful if someone could help me.
Moreover, I would need some tutorial for understanding every topic in floquet ports' use in HFSS, since the examples given in HFSS are not so satisfactory in my opinion.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back