Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use of a resistor in the circuit given

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Heelo sir

Sone body adviced me a circuit diagram to operate IR sensor form a 6volt or more

Here a resistor is used having a lil.bit higher value but i don't know that

CKT 00.JPG

Is the idea worth or a crap ? or say enough to damage the IR device ????

If it is usefull then what would be the value of resistor ? please tell

TSOP1838 is 38KHz receiver. According to datasheet maximum voltage is 6V.

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/26604/VISHAY/TSOP1838.html

Check datasheet for example circuit. Use 5V supply voltage.

Resistor value is 100R (Vs-Pin3 recommended to suppress power supply disturbances) and use 4,7uF capacitor (Vs-Gnd).

ok i got it :) 6 volt is given but why you are advicing to drive it with 5 volts ?
too other ckt designs have same strategy observed . . . . . . . . . . . .

ok i got it :) 6 volt is given but why you are advicing to drive it with 5 volts ?
too other ckt designs have same strategy observed . . . . . . . . . . . .

Why to force part to work on edge of specification? Design should be optimal.

As additional to this 6V battery, I supose its lead acid tech, at full level have 6,36V!

Parts should work in specification range. I dont say that part cant work on 6V, but its risky.

For my thinking for longer and optimal life of parts and best working capabilities, better supply parts with stable and optimal regulated voltage, for reference use manufacturer datasheet.

:wink:

How NASA application goes? :smile:

Why to force part to work on edge of specification? Design should be optimal.

As additional to this 6V battery, I supose its lead acid tech, at full level have 6,36V!

Parts should work in specification range. I dont say that part cant work on 6V, but its risky.

For my thinking for longer and optimal life of parts and best working capabilities, better supply parts with stable and optimal regulated voltage, for reference use manufacturer datasheet.

:wink:

How NASA application goes? :smile:

okk ya sir you are right these small things have to keep in mind :)

yo sir i joined that forum & futher links you gave is with me , procedures ll be on its way next day

My criteria keep me working on a single job till it completes sooooooooo . .. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back