Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use a DSP with integrated DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

eraste

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

Let me expose the topic.

Frequency domain : around 350 MHz.

My problem : I want to phaseshift two signal, thirst solution use a phaseshifter in an appropriate bandwith.But phaseshifter is frequency and level dependant.
Second solution use a DSP with DAC and ADC converter.

My questions : Is there a DSP with integrated ADC (or not) which can sample a signal at 350 MHz ? And, is it easy to phase shift this signal ? (in fact i don't know DSP).

Thank's a lot for your answers.

eraste.

Please give more info. Is the signal centered at 350MHz or is the Bandwidth of the signal 350MHz? (quite a wide band)

If the signal is centered at 350MHz, then whats the BW?

Please explain "phase shift two signal". Is it that you have two signals and you want to phase shift both by the same amount or do you want to phase shift the two signals by different amounts?

You might want to try Ferrite based phase shifters. Yeah they are frequency dependent. (refer minicircuits)

Also, DSP based solutions are common, but please do clarifyu on the 350MHz.

Hello ninju,

I would like to simulate the far field of an antenna array. The carrier is at 350 MHz and the BW is equal to 400 Hz.
So in an array each antenna is feed with a signal whose level and phase are differents.
Which DSP can i use ?

Thank's for your answers.

Out of interest, what kind of antenna array is it?

Did you consider shifting the frequency down to baseband?

You can multiply it with the carrier later. It'll simplify your work greatly. Even a DAC that comes with a mircocontroller will do this job as its only 400Hz signal.

But i need to shift the phase of the carrier, no mater the modulating signal.I don't have to use the baseband signal. In fact the signal is a GLIDE signal (ILS : Instrument Landing System). The array is a three dipoles antennas.
So is there a ADC+DSP+DAC who do the job ?
Do you know a component distributor ?

Thanks.

Yeah, forgot about that. Long time since i read end fire and broadside stuff.

Tried this? **broken link removed**

Also, have you tried these?

**broken link removed**

Your problem of requiring two signals of different phase is analogous to this, so, you'll be able to use these most probably.

DSPs too are available from Texas Instruments site.

Good morning,

Thanks very much for your help.
I have always though about phase shifter of mini-circuit but i hope for a more flexible solution, like digital solution.
I will look your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.