Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] UsbAsp Firmware Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilal shareef

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,
I am trying to make USB ASP burner for AVR controller. The problem that I am facing is that after dumping the firmware in atmega8 when I connect it to my PC's USB port the PC doesn't recognize the device.. It says that its an unknown device. Please help me what should i do to fix this problem. Bellow it the link which contains the firmware and schematic of the burner..

https://www.circuitvalley.com/2011/06/usb-8051-avr-microcontroller-programmer.html

1) Check the connections once again

2) Did you tried proper fuse settings?

3) What is the OS did you tried(e.g. win xp, win 7)?

Check the above and come up with results

I have checked all the connections. yes I have also checked the fuses they were correct. And I am using XP service pack 3

Try the updated drivers on the site h**p://w*w.fischl.de/usbasp/.

it worked fine for me... Follow the instructions!!!

Did you update firmware?

yes I have updated the firmware from that site but it still not worked. what to do now ?

Let me know the procedure that you update the firmware and what firmware you updated

Status
Not open for further replies.