Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to SERIAL Converter using PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasamiko

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb to serial +pic

Is it possible to have a USB to SERIAL Converter using PIC micros? like 16F628?

virtual usb 16f628

Yes. But why bother? Generic convertor chips are cheap. Besides, writing the virtual serial port driver for your own convertor is no trivial task.

Added : On 2nd thought, the 16F628 may not even have enough IO pins to interface any USB device controller IC.

16f628 pl2303

Try USB-RS232 converter from FTDI company.

Or, try to use this ucontroller frm microchip: PIC18F4550
"... the availability of three serial ports: FS-USB(12Mbit/s), I²C™ and SPI™ (up to 10 Mbit/s) and an asynchronous (LIN capable) serial port (EUSART)"

pic usb serial converter

Read this:
http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)_eng.htm

Enjoy

Ow..I never thought it's complicated as that..
I was considering PL2303 since FTDI is not available in my place..
but the PL chip has a bad impression in me..I bought a USB data cable for my Nokia phone and it was not working the chip inside is PL2303, so I think PL chips are not that good..

the less difficult thing is to buy a dedicated chip and use virtual port driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back