Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to SERIAL - any schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfred1091

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB to SERIAL

I need info to transfer file from digital camera via standard Serial RS232 interface, anybody have a schematic or info on USB to SERIAL RS232 interface?
TNX! :roll:

Texas Instruments TUSB3410

Hello,

Have a look at the TUSB3410 from Texas Instruments.
www.ti.com

They also have a evaluation board with all the docu and code available.

Greetings Mark,

They also send samples.

go and see : www.ftdichip.com

they have a chip named FT8U232AM that is a chip that makes a bridge between USB and RS232.... thus you can use this chip and see it as the COM5 on your PC and send it in USB mode.. It will be then translate into RS232..

Go and see the site for more explanation !

Re: USB to SERIAL

If you need for digital camera I sugest you to by PCI USB board for PC it is cheap (obout 100EUR), and you got very high speed !

Have a look here:
**broken link removed**

Hello!

Maybe this can help:

**broken link removed**

Regards!

Hello,

You can try this **broken link removed**
or this **broken link removed**

Totue

hello, i think best solution is to purchase a rs232 to usb converter that you can buy in any computer store.

I agree. Downloading picture files from a digital camera via RS-232 is very slow. In practice more or less unuseable.

Note: A PCI USB board is EUR10, not EUR100. At least where I live...

ladrc said:
If you need for digital camera I sugest you to by PCI USB board for PC it is cheap (obout 100EUR), and you got very high speed !

i just bought an external usb to rs232-interface from hama for 6 euro at ebay. works very well!

Hi,

take care because some rs232<>usb converter don't work with modem.
I have try a converter with Prolofic chip who does't work with flux control signal of my modem.

Totue

Hi,
What is the speed that can be achieved on this.

hi,

i don't have made speed test on Prolific chip but a KLSI chip can work at 230kb and a FTDI chip at 230kb.

Totue.

Hi all;
got one question on this USB to RS232 thing:
when I'm using a VCP driver, how can my software know that the USB device is disconnected?

The TUSB3410 cannot be used because it is a bridge from USB host to RS232.. and it cannot act as a host by itself. That is,

USB host(computer)-->TUSB--->Your device is OK

but not,

RS232 (computer) ----> TUSB--->USB device.

an usb host is necessary at any one side of tusb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back