Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb to rs232 cable problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuanhung09

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I have a USB to RS232 cable
(You can see it here)
When I installed driver for it in my desktop, it was recognized. However, when I installed driver for it in my laptop, the error message was "usb device not recognized"". When checking at device manager, there was no Ports item (my laptop has not COM and LPT port). Under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, there was an item, which was named "unknown device". I think in this case, the driver was not installed. Could anyone help me.
Thank you very much!

usb to rs232 driver not recognized

Hi,

What OS are you runnning on your machines (my crystal ball isn't working today...)? Have you tried to install the driver manually?
The converter chip used on this converter is a PL2303, as you can see in the link you have posted.

magixD

Hi,
I am using Windows XP SP2 in both of laptop and desktop. I installed many times, including manual installation.

Have you already tried to reinstall the drivers for your USB host controller(s)?
Maybe you should deactive and deinstall all drivers for the cable and the host controller(s) and than reinstall them once again. I had cases where this fix helped.

magixD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back