Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to DB25 Female Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun48

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Actually I created a burner for microcontroller using db25 port of my PC.
But in laptop there is no db25 port so i wanted to make a usb to db25
please help!

what you require is a usb to serial converter.

if you have made the original burner with bit accessing of serial port , then you have to check the usb2serial converter you are going to buy whether it is suitable and drivers are available.

Maybe it would be better to make a new USB programmer instead of using a USB to DB25 converter and then the old programmer connected to that.

Also check if a design like this suits your needs
**broken link removed**

Alex

Reactions: arun48

arun48

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
my earlier post referred the requirement as usb2serial.

it is usb2parallel as alexan said.

Reactions: arun48

arun48

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks
i guess this will work
i will give it a try.

I want to WARN you on this converters.

If you are going to buy a usb to parallel converter check it before you buy it. Cause i personally tried and heard a lot from our members that the usb to parallel converters were not working properly while used in programmers, but it works perfectly with printers.

I also advice to go for an usb programmer.

Yes I have tried a couple of usb to LPT cables and they were useless (I needed it for Xilinx cable III) so the solution for me was to buy a PCI card that provided a LPT port and works perfectly.
The alternative is the link I have in post #3, a DIY design which is tested to work with many applications USB to Parallel converter - List of successfully tested programs

Alex

Hi Friends,I'm also having problem,I bought a Enter brand USB-DB25 pin Parallel port converter(E-UP25).I'm using windows7 32bit os,When I inserted the converter into an USB port the OS is installed the Driver Automatically,But I didnt insert the Driver CD.In devivce driver its showing "The device is working properly"In USB link on Device driver itrs showing USB printing support like that.I want to get the pulse from the Parallel prot and give the pulse to PIC microcontroller.I planed to develope a system progem in LABVIEw for that I need a LPT address.How can I get the LPT address from this.Please help me.Its Very Urgent.

Hi Friends,I'm also having problem,I bought a Enter brand USB-DB25 pin Parallel port converter(E-UP25).I'm using windows7 32bit os,When I inserted the converter into an USB port the OS is installed the Driver Automatically,But I didnt insert the Driver CD.In devivce driver its showing "The device is working properly"In USB link on Device driver itrs showing USB printing support like that.I want to get the pulse from the Parallel prot and give the pulse to PIC microcontroller.I planed to develope a system progem in LABVIEw for that I need a LPT address.How can I get the LPT address from this.Please help me.Its Very Urgent.

As i warned earlier, it wont work. Better try serial or usb itself

As i warned earlier, it wont work. Better try serial or usb itself

Hi nandhu,
Basically my application is PC based Servomotor controling.I have to control 11 servomotors and 2 gear motors.For that only i Choosen the Parallel port.Its a Robotics Project For That I have to Make a Long Wired communication Between PC and Microcontroller.The Servomotors are connected with the PIC16f877a Microcontroller.How Can I send the command from The PC to Microcontroller Please Give Some Ideas.I already tried with serial Port its not giving efficient output when I increase my Cable length upto 10mtrs.Can You Suggest any Aditional Idea For This.

Do you use an RS232 driver chip (like MAX232) at the MCU end?

RS232 cable is supposedly allowed up to 50 feet (about 15m) but that's at 19200 baud. Longer = slower baud. Using CAT5e UTP (or STP if the environment is very electrically noisy - it might be) cable instead can give a much longer reach, maybe three times at the same baud, because it has a much lower capacitance than the usual, cheap serial cable.

Using parallel port cable over that distance might be even more trouble due to cross talk and interference, unless you buy very expensive cable.

Wouldn't optical fiber be better for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back