Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB STORAGE THAT DOESN'T START

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN FLOWERS

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
NEED HELP FOR NON STARTING USB MASS STORAGE

MY 4GB USB DOES NOT START. THE PROBLEM PROBABLY WAS DUE TO UNPLUGGING IT IMPROPERLY WHILE IN USE. WHEN I TURN ON MY COMPUTER, THE HUB IN WHICH IT IS PLUGGED LIGHT FOR SEVERAL SECONDS BUT THE LIGHT COMES OFF AFTER SEVERAL SECONDS.

I TRIED UNINSTALLING ITS DRIVER AND INSTALLING IT, BUT, IT DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. NEITHER DID IT START WHEN UNPLUGGING AND PLUGGING IT.

UPON TROUBLESHOOTING THE DEVICE, THE PROBLEM SAYS, "DEVICE WILL NOT START."

CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO MAKE IT START?

Which OS you are using???winxp,win98...???

There has been a flood of fake high capacity USB flash drives on ebay and in chinese markets.
These are low capacity drives that have been modified by Chineese counterfeiters to report a high capacity and marked with fake brand names.

There are currently lots of ebay autions for Sony 8GB flash drives. Sony currently does not make 8GB flash drives. These are
actually 64MB, 128MB or 512MB drives. They show 8GB capcity when put in a computer but when an unsuspecting user puts more data than the actual capacity on a drive the files are corrupted and the data is lost.

Read these links.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Do some research on the web. Look at the website of the brand that is printed on your drive. If the model you have is not shown on the manufacturers websites then it's almost certainly a fake.

Hi!
You didn't remove it safely.First you should try it on other PCs.If it doesn't work,I think it has some conflicts inside and you should contact the provider to fix it.Anyway,Windows 98 often causes problems(if you're using),try to repair your OS.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back