Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB/RS232 converter and JDM programmer - Requires UART or add voltaje?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpdrummer

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Having reviewed some information about the JDM programmer and the PIC 16F84A (Already oldies both) see how many have failed to run a JDM with a USB/RS232 converter from a computer without DB9.

Now the question that remains is: incompatibility (if apply the term) converter with JDM is because, the USB port can't give more than +5V and 500mA, or missing, the famous UART that is built into the motherboard with DB9??

I din't lead on the issue, but in this thread I want to clarify the real issues in view of the great speculation.

Regards :?:

Because the JDM programmer uses no power suppy it relies on the voltage from the serial port. And standard RS232 voltages are +/- 15V, I think. Does the USB/RS232 converter provide those voltage levels?

I think it's time people abandoned the JDM programmer forever. It was never meant to be reliable, it was only designed to be minimalist.

Need help to program/read I2C eeprom using programmer.

Hi Friend,

Thank you upand_at_them.
My actual problem is that I want to program I2C EEPROM (AT24C04).
I have one old JDM programmer which could program EEPROM but i have laptop which has no serial port.
I have one new K150 programmer which is directly used with laptop on USB but don't support EEPROM programming.
I have also PicKit 3 from Microchip.

Is there any easy solution to program/Read AT24C04 on USB port using k150, PicKit3 or JDM programmer?
Please help me.

Regards,

You don't need a programmer. If you're familiar with microcontrollers you can easily build a reader/writer, since the AT24C04 EEPROM uses the simple I2C bus. There are many projects online that use microcontrollers and I2C EEPROM. You need only modify them a little. So all you need is a microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.