USB/RS232 converter and JDM programmer - Requires UART or add voltaje?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpdrummer

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Having reviewed some information about the JDM programmer and the PIC 16F84A (Already oldies both) see how many have failed to run a JDM with a USB/RS232 converter from a computer without DB9.

Now the question that remains is: incompatibility (if apply the term) converter with JDM is because, the USB port can't give more than +5V and 500mA, or missing, the famous UART that is built into the motherboard with DB9??

I din't lead on the issue, but in this thread I want to clarify the real issues in view of the great speculation.

Regards :?:

Because the JDM programmer uses no power suppy it relies on the voltage from the serial port. And standard RS232 voltages are +/- 15V, I think. Does the USB/RS232 converter provide those voltage levels?

I think it's time people abandoned the JDM programmer forever. It was never meant to be reliable, it was only designed to be minimalist.

Need help to program/read I2C eeprom using programmer.

Hi Friend,

Thank you upand_at_them.
My actual problem is that I want to program I2C EEPROM (AT24C04).
I have one old JDM programmer which could program EEPROM but i have laptop which has no serial port.
I have one new K150 programmer which is directly used with laptop on USB but don't support EEPROM programming.
I have also PicKit 3 from Microchip.

Is there any easy solution to program/Read AT24C04 on USB port using k150, PicKit3 or JDM programmer?
Please help me.

Regards,

You don't need a programmer. If you're familiar with microcontrollers you can easily build a reader/writer, since the AT24C04 EEPROM uses the simple I2C bus. There are many projects online that use microcontrollers and I2C EEPROM. You need only modify them a little. So all you need is a microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.