Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB PLUS COM PORT PIC PROGRAMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragrance

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI FRIENDS
This programmer is COM cum USB port programmer almost support every popular
Chip.
With Complete Detail And Description how to make USB plus COM port Based programmer. I used the USB interface chip come from my old USB interface card
The RAR File contains firmware for Pic16F628 Interface software schematic P.C.B design.
Following Pic micro are supported by this nice programmer.

12Cxxx
16Cxx
16Cxxx
16Fxxx
18Fxxx

I hope this will a use full tool for your workbench

Regards

Fragrance

/ File deleted, see link in next post

This is a nice programmer. Thanks for contribution.
It could be downloaded from here as well.

https://www.kitsrus.com/zip/diypack7.zip
https://www.kitsrus.com/pdf/k149.pdf
https://www.kitsrus.com/upuc.html#k149

I can't help myself to emphasize a small excerpt from the usb.pdf included in the package.

Note that the k149avXX.hex file for the firmware is in the software package and if you are upgrading from a previous version then you will have to program your own firmware IC using another programmer.
We have now moved away from trying to protect the firmware code. It caused to many problems!!!!!

It's the first time when I heard someone admitted.

Silvio

Thanks for the information, the kit looks real good. However, after a quick check I found that it can be purchased for 39 dollars Canadian or $25 US at my local store. At such a price there is little point in my opinion to build everything by yourself. Just the ZIP socket cost over $10 let along the time and money need to obtain the components and the painful process of building it on a protoboard. I say, in this case (ICD is different :D ) lets buy the programmer and support the developer.

Owen

Any one has a schematic of KIT128?

This seems to be a nice design. I would like to redesign the PCB layout and use it for ICSP only.

So the box would be very small:
1 entry for USB plug, flying lead with RJ45 connector for ICSP.

Benefit above the old TAIT programmer is that there is no need for additional power supply!

Any other good idea's or solutions for me?

already

msmax said:
Any one has a schematic of KIT128?

This seems to be a nice design. I would like to redesign the PCB layout and use it for ICSP only.

So the box would be very small:
1 entry for USB plug, flying lead with RJ45 connector for ICSP.

Benefit above the old TAIT programmer is that there is no need for additional power supply!

Any other good idea's or solutions for me?

Hi Friend

If you have download the file there is pdf in archive in which you can find the schematic for this programmer

regards
fragrance

Anyone have a firmware for KIT128?
thanks.
:)

Does anyone have the original source code for the firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.