Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Usb microphone project without PIC16c745 or 16c765

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozturk

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diy usb microphone

Hi friends,

I interested usb microphone project (like Mr. Alan Macek's projects: http://www.alanmacek.com/usb)
and want to build smilar project for USB port.

But I cant find 16c745 or 16c765 chips in the market.
Is it possible to do this project with 16F877 or another chip?
If yes! would you give me some tips. How can I do?

Regards,

pic16c745

Hello!

Yes you can find quite few IC's.

**broken link removed**

Regards!

build usb microphone

Look at Burr Brown's PCM2904, it is a USB audio interface chip with analogue input/output. Can be used for usb headphones.
You dont need to write any code, windows recognizes it and away you go!

microphone projects

Hi cozturk,

You can find ftdi chips in their sites easily.They can send samples if you will be nice.16F877 is too slow to handle usb packets.If you can find atmel mcu's atmel 2313 can handle usb packets.Search old posts, you can find it easily if not, i can help.

Analyzer.

usb microphone diy

Thank you friends,

I can't use any special chips. and must use MCU and a few opamp etc.

Thankyou Analyzer. I searched Atmel 2313 and couldnt find any useful info..

diy usb mic

Ok,
Check it :

http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)_eng.htm

usb diy mic

Thanks friends,

ME,
I dont need free samples . The circuit will be a part of production

microphone project

cozturk said:
Hi friends,

I interested usb microphone project (like Mr. Alan Macek's projects: http://www.alanmacek.com/usb)
and want to build smilar project for USB port.

But I cant find 16c745 or 16c765 chips in the market.
Is it possible to do this project with 16F877 or another chip?
If yes! would you give me some tips. How can I do?

Regards,

16c745 absolutely unuseful for sound applications.
For sound you need isochronous transfer. 16c745 is a low speed fevice. Low speed devices support only control and interrupt transfers. So it is absolutely impossible to use liw speed for voice.
Forget about PIC and any other low speed USB device!

16c765

i'm find a sch with 8051 but it's program has none.
and With Am188se It's Source include

avr usb microphone

You can use EZ USB from Cypress. The device AN2131Q support full speed transactions. This device include an 8051 device and SIE. There are free development tools in Cypress homepage.
Another choice can be a SIE + uC, you can use USBN9602 and a microcontroller. This SIE (USBN..) is full speed compliant hence you can do isochronous tranfers. Regards.

usb microphone firmware example

Hi,
You can easily find/use ftdi chips and pic micro with an internal adc.If you buy 1-100 pcs of ftdi chips, it is around $5.50 If you buy more the price decreases incredibly.Cypress psocs' are also good and easy to write program in it.(c compiler+diy programming kits are available in their sites).

Analyzer.

source 16c765

Been working with a Micronas part no. UAC 3556B. It will connect directly to usb, you can add an I2C eeprom to carry firmware. It will produce stereo out, and mon or stereo in easily. It can also be interfaced to a microcontroller via I2S protocol. This gives it much better capabilities, for example it can be used as 5.1 decoder. Micronas produce a demo board that is a little wider than a USB connector, and about 40mm long not including connector, 55mm with connector. It's a very neat solution and very easy to work with. Micronas also produce other devices, so check their website.
https://www.micronas.com/
The UAC2556B can be found under the audio codec section i believe.

Carrotts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back