Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB HID Keyboard Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hid keyboard code

I purchased a Futurlec AT89c5131 USB Development board to teach myself about USB comms. I have been able to send some example programs via the FLIP software from Atmel and run them on my Development board.

One of the examples is a HID Keyboard Demo, known as c5131-usb-kbd-stand-alone-1_0_2. It looks like what I want to learn but I am a little confused on how to use this program.

My aim eventually is to be able to press a key on my pc keyboard, running WinXp, and send data thru the USB port to my Development board and turn on a LED. I thought that the HID Keyboard Demo code might be a good example to teach me how to do this.

I can load the HID Keyboard Demo program into my development board but I am not sure what to do with it from then on as there are no instructions. Has anybody used or tried this program who could give me some hints on how to use it? Any help is appreciated..thanks

The example code is located at .

I have experience in sending data to the parallel port usind Borland C++ Builder, Delphi and Turbo C but not to the USB port.

usb hid keyboard

Hi

If it's HID , Just plug it in the PC usb port.

you may download a SW usb analayzer from the internet to see the messages between your OS and your board.
also there were a project on thecodeproject website for driving HID USB , you can download it and start playing with it and with your board

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www(.)i-g(.)org

hid c++

Thanks....looks good but can you tell me what software is used for programing C#. Is it Microsoft Visual Studio?

Doc

usb hid c++ builder

yes MS visual studio used to program C# but not all versions you should check the version 1st

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www(.)i-g(.)org

HI pls can u help me using the same kit to interface
i am also doing the same help me plssssss

Could you please explicitly brief what the problems are in the CC2511 application example?
I am using CC2511 as a virtula COM port taking RF-RS232 application example but am facing some issues with CC2511 USB like it some times does not send/receive any data unless it is plugged out and then plugged in again.
Are there any possible release dates for the new firmware/librarry revision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back