Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB HID Driver stops working after an hour of being idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzomor

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have developed a USB HID driver using the hid.dll of windows.
but I face the following problem
If i didn't send any commands to the USB device for About an hour and then try sending again the USB devise don't respont.
In order to get the application respond again I close the application and open it again.

Do you have any sugetions?
Dose Windows OS unload the drivers after timeout of being idle , and how to overcome this problem ? if this is the problem

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

usbhiddriver

Hi, sorry I can't help you to solve your problem because I'm a newbie. >"<
Anyway I have a question to ask you. How did you indicated to the PC what device is that? For example if I plugin a mouse to the PC's USB port how the PC knows it is a mouse? Because I'm doing my project & have this difficulty. Hope you can give me some guide. Thanks

Best regards,
Noobie

usb hid driver

Hi

You can use the device Discreptors to specify your prephiral function
Read some information about USB discriptors & HID.

you can find

"USB compelete" under the ebooks of edaboard

you can search the net for "usb in a nutshell "

Salam
Hossam

how to use usbhiddriver.dll

What is your USB device? Is it build by yourself? Are you sure that your hardware is ok?

I'm wondering why not to use windows available drivers. Why did you develope a driver yourself?

usbhid in a nutshell

My Device is ST72F621J4T
I built the HW & FW myself
I think so becuse my device work good with Jungo windriver
Actually I am using the available windows driver HID.dll , I just built an application to use this dll

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back