Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb enumeration via a HUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemuri

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb enumeration timing

Hello;
I have problems with doing the enumeration process via a hub :
i am using Cypress embeded host controller SL811HS to which usb port i have connected atmel AT43301 hub as a root hub.

When i plug any device to the host, an interrupt enable me to scan the new device speed and get all the descriptors. This i can do; I can enumerate any device i plug, including the HUB.

when the HUB is plugged, and when i plug a device on a downstream port, there is no interrupt generated, that is the hub doesn't simulate a disconnection. I have troubles with understanding the USB specification, but how does a HUB signal to the host that a new device is connected, and to which port ?
thank you

hub enumeration

though it might seem a silly question, but are the downstream ports on your hub enabled?? do you see the USB_RESET on your peripheral when you connect it to the hub?

nemuri

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back