Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB development - transfer a minimum of 5.5Mbps using 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brmadhukar

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can anyone provide me help on USB1.1 or 2.0 development. I need to transfer a minimum of 5.5Mbps using 1.1. I have used Scanlogic SL811 usb controller and JUngo drivers. I am unable to do that rate.

Any schematic and code with working bitrate will be og great help. If consultation is provided for fee do let me know the fees.

TIA
brmadhukar

Re: USB development Help.

brmadhukar said:
Hi,
Can anyone provide me help on USB1.1 or 2.0 development. I need to transfer a minimum of 5.5Mbps using 1.1. I have used Scanlogic SL811 usb controller and JUngo drivers. I am unable to do that rate.
TIA
brmadhukar
Which Controler are you using ?
Is it fast enough to handle 5 MBits ?
A data rate of 700kBytes/s means that your controller needs to move
around 700 Bytes /ms with 240 bytes buffer somewhat hard to do.
Your controller must be able to handle a 64 Byte packet araound each
100 µS

usbman

Hi
I am using Cypress device. Scanlogic SL811ST controllers. They are supposed to support USB1.1.
How do I know whether they can handle the dat rate. All the timings are in nanoseconds and the transfer should happen at around 100us so timing is met.
Do let me know what other information you require.

brmadhukar

wich micro is connectet to the usb device.

What I realy mean: Is the mcu fast enough to provide that data rate.

usbman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back