Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Configuration? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerox100

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I designed a usb device with AM186CC and want to program the AM186CC as a Communication interface device for PC But i dont have a good view and refrence of usb configuration.
I want to know is there any good refrence about how to cofigure and create my firmware at AM186CC?
Thanks,

you can read Addison Wesley - USB System Architecture for the detail information

You can refer to the book USB Complete by Jan Axelson for USB basics.
You have to first understand the enumeraion process and write firmware for that. You PC will be able to comunicate with your device only if you handle that.

besides the books and protocols, many sample codes are also available. you can visit www.cypress.com and download the codes for many eval boards, they are very useful. Most usb devices process the same rutine while configuring.

mike

----------------------------------
www.ezpcb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.