Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB communication with GUI which class have to used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD18

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

I am working on STM32H745IIK3.I have to connect my board to Software which is based on **broken link removed** which USB class I have to use.Can you please help me?

No idea what "GUI.SO" software is, please elaborate. Which kind of communication do you want to establish? Popular device classes working with generic description files are CDC (serial port) or HID.

No idea what "GUI.SO" software is, please elaborate. Which kind of communication do you want to establish? Popular device classes working with generic description files are CDC (serial port) or HID.
We are developing standalone application in qt software using c++/python language. We are sending some digital data/ waveforms from hardware and that we have to see on the application. We want to know how we can interface this application with the STM hardware. For Gui and hardware communication, we are using usb communication. But we don't know which usb class we should use for the communication.

I'm using a serial protocol layer, e.g. MODBUS or simple line orientated ASCII commands over CDC for similar purposes. Advantage is that it can be easily switched to ethernet or RS232. If you want an application specific bulk protocol, TMC (test and measurement class) could be an option.

I'm using a serial protocol layer, e.g. MODBUS or simple line orientated ASCII commands over CDC for similar purposes. Advantage is that it can be easily switched to ethernet or RS232. If you want an application specific bulk protocol, TMC (test and measurement class) could be an option.
But the TMC channel is not present in stm32cubemx.Only HID, custome Hid, Virtual con port.

Surely possible. I have seen various communication tasks implemented through HID, e.g. uC bootloader, controlling device IO. But not my choice.

You should start with a definitions of communication structure, then decide about suitable protocol and USB device class.

Hello ,

I am working on STM32H745IIK3.I have to connect my board to Software which is based on **broken link removed** which USB class I have to use.Can you please help me?
HID CLASS is prefer for Mouse and keybaorad communication.

Hi,

Why do you make it more dificult than necessary?

CDC is simple, you said it's available (post#5), and FvM sais it's a valid method (post#4, post#6).

It seems you ignore CDC, but insist in HID (post#7, post#9) ... and then you complain about HID (post#9)

Can you tell me where you see the problem with CDC / virtual COM?

Klaus

I am not complaining about the HID. I just want to communicate with application which give me the data of waveform and using USB peripheral I have to take that into my stm32h7 board. And using the DAC I have to generate the waveform. Main thing is that if I have to communicate with any application which Class I have to use. for eg. If there is one application which I have 3 LEDS and one user button, when we click one led option in application then our LED on board that I have start blinking. These kind of communication that I have to use.
--- Updated ---

Hi,

Why do you make it more dificult than necessary?

CDC is simple, you said it's available (post#5), and FvM sais it's a valid method (post#4, post#6).

It seems you ignore CDC, but insist in HID (post#7, post#9) ... and then you complain about HID (post#9)

Can you tell me where you see the problem with CDC / virtual COM?
I am not complaining about the HID. I just want to communicate with application which give me the data of waveform and using USB peripheral I have to take that into my stm32h7 board. And using the DAC I have to generate the waveform. Main thing is that if I have to communicate with any application which Class I have to use. for eg. If there is one application which I have 3 LEDS and one user button, when we click one led option in application then our LED on board that I have start blinking. These kind of communication that I have to use.
HID and CUSTOME HID are both are different class .

Hi,

Again: what's wrong with CDC?

I also agree with FvM about "communication structure" (post#8)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back