Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 2 USB data transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhur13490

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I'm working on project which aims to copy data from one USB stick to another without using PC.So can anyone tell me any microcontroller suitable for my project?
I looked @ VNC2 but it is not available in market,so anything else?

Actually I want to display entire list of files in 1 USB stick on LCD and let him choose particular file he want to transfer.For that I'm planning to use PIC16F688 in between PC and VNC1L.You can have a look at attached image.

Now,from this image I want to ask that,can I use AT89C51RE2 instead of PIC16F688?

i still think you need the VDIF firmware, as it saids, it's the only firmware for the VNC1L which let you connect to different usb sticks at the same time, also you need a controller (either a PIC or the mcs51 as you suggest) to give commands to the VNC1L..

there, you have to list the files from the usbstick 1 and display on the LCD...

after your user choose the files, issue a Copy File (CPF) command...

if you wan't the VDAP firmware, you must copy your files to a temporary memory, i think an SD connected to the micro will do the job, so, you read fro usb and write to sd, then change from stick and copy from sd to the new usb stick... just a pain...

Nice project,

Silicon labs MCU especially c8051f340 series will give u USB based MCU with thier device drivers.

None of the other MCU vendors provide you device drivers.

So whats the state of your project now, have u done it ?

hello
I and 3 of my other project members pursuing for B.E. Computer Engineering are eager to do this project(Final year) of USB to USB Data transfer without using PC.

project objectives and requirements

1)USB to USB data transfer
2)LCD screen for directory access of USB pendrive
3)Selective Cut,Copy,Delete...etc operations
4)Some keys to operate this device,i.e.Keyboard(Navigation)

requirements
1)VNC1l
2)FT232R USB to serial convertor
3)PIC16F688
4)LCD interafce
5)Keyboard interface

I have searched projects simliar to this they had used a C cross compiler and written code in C.
here is one of the link
http://www.vinculum.com/projects.html

Please discuss and enlarge the scope of implementation of this project.

My project topic is approved by our Head Of Departement and we are staring our project soon.I Hope,i will be able to contribute to this project and will update my status as project proceeds.

Very intresting Idea and give me sometime, I've been going thr the web-site of Vinculum and the processor which u've mentioned.

I think the idea is feasible but for what extent and what all are the possibilities?

I shall get back with more info.

@raviraj

thanks....I am also approaching some professionals and Electronics professors.Soon will inform if any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.