Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 2.0 -- Anybody actually implement it using the OpenCores IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVergunst

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for a way to implement HS USB 2.0 (480mbps) on an FPGA. I have looked at the OpenCores solution but am slightly confused. The SVN has been updated within the past year, but the "status" has not changed in forever.

I am just wondering if anybody has any experience with this core and if it functions somewhat ok?

I want to build some test hardare using an FPGA and a UTMI PHY chip and just get 512byte bulk transfers going. I currently use microprocessors using full speed at 12mbps transfering 64byte blocks but USB is my bottleneck at these speeds. I want to make the leap, but with somewhat of a cushion there if need be! Also the reason for not going with the Cypress parts is just cost. At $15/each, and then $8+/each in high quantities it is just not economically feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.