Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

US Burn Brenner8P-5 get it working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragrance

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As some free ware programming software have some issue like icprog, whereas commercially available software like winpic800 support nice JDM hardware but not support the all chips to program so I decide to make brenner8P-5 as it has very nice GUI support full range of pic micro.

In the end I have successfully made a USB Brenner8P-5 so share my experience here for other user and members to get it working on very first power up, please fallow the below instruction carefully.

1. To program firmware used Art2003 hardware and winpic800 software
2. Do not program firmware in to controller only program boot loader with 20 MHz setting.
3. Program the firmware through brenner8P-5 using firmware upgrade option (very important)
4. Boot loader jumper not required in new version of software boot loader can be initialized by the software itself.
5. If you did not find BAT34 schottky diode you can used BAT85 or 1N5817,1N5816
6. You can used any general purpose PNP and NPN transistor of same spec

I have uploaded the two video tutorials for setting up programmer winpic800 and how to configure Art2003 hardware to program the PIC boot loader and config word bit setting for pic micro.

The driver installation of Brenner8P-5 for very typical, so a video tutorial for driver installation driver configuration and firmware programing is also uploaded

I hope friend here found it useful for to make good programmer for hobbyist purpose, in brenner8p-5 video it is end up on first time communication after that you have calibrate the programmer and reconnect it.

**broken link removed**

Regards
Fragrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back